▪ Children must be in Primary School.
▪ Payment is considered as acceptance of the booking conditions.
▪ Cancellations made up to one week before the camp will receive a 50% refund. Any cancellations made after this time will not be refunded.
▪ Cancellations due to medical reasons must be verified in writing by the attending physician. A refund will be issued upon receipt of physician verification. Medical cancellations must be verified within 3 days of cancellation to receive a full refund. After this time period, only half the fee will be refunded.
▪ A Covid-19 Health Declaration form must be completed for all attendees prior to arrival each day.
▪ Greenhills Summer Camp cannot be held liable for damage to or loss of possessions. We strongly recommend that all valuables are left at home.
▪ In the event of any child becoming unwell with suspected Covid-19 symptoms, the parent/guardian will be contacted and asked to collect the child immediately.
▪ If a case of Covid-19 is confirmed, Greenhills Summer Camp will follow HSE guidelines and the required actions will be taken, up to and including the camp being cancelled prematurely.
▪ Should a camp be cancelled prematurely, a pro rata refund will be available to attendees reflecting the days missed.
▪ Should a camp be cancelled in line with HSE or Government advice prior to commencing, a full refund will be provided.
▪ Greenhills Summer Camp will reserve the right to suspend any child that causes disruption to the camp due to misbehaviour.
▪ Please be aware that your child’s photograph or video image may be taken whilst attending or participating in the camp and may be used by Greenhills Summer Camp for camp reports and promoting future Greenhills Summer Camps on the website or social media channels. If you do not wish to give consent regarding the use of your child’s photograph or video image please contact email@example.com and state the same.
▪ Parent/Guardian must be contactable during camp hours.
POLICY – Code of behaviour for staff
▪ Our policy applies to all staff and volunteers working for Greenhills Summer Camp. We practice safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
▪ Greenhills Summer Camp employees accept and recognise their responsibilities regarding the safeguarding of children and will endeavour to carry these out by:
▪ Having an awareness of the issues which cause children harm;
▪ Following the procedures and protocols set out in this document for the recruitment and selection;
▪ Being proactive in implementing this policy in so far as it is appropriate to their work.
▪ Welfare is paramount in all decisions, activities and programmes involving vulnerable / young people and children and Greenhills Summer Camp will provide safe spaces for them, ensuring they are safeguarded, physically and emotionally, in a healthy fun environment.
▪ Actively listen to them, taking account of their expression of needs and concerns.
▪ Value and respect them as individuals.
▪ Involving them in decisions made about them, is as participative and appropriate a manner as possible.
Greenhills Summer Camp does not accept the following behaviours and will intervene to ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all children:
▪ Sarcasm, name-calling, ‘Slagging’, and other forms of scapegoating.
▪ Favouring some to the exclusion of others.
▪ Abusive language or gestures.
▪ Negative criticism of young people’s values, beliefs and opinions.
▪ Negatively highlighting physical, social or emotional differences.
The code of behaviour is categorised under the following headings:
• Child-centred approach
• Good practice
• Appropriate behaviour
• Physical contact
• Health and safety